Internal mobility is commonly understood as the process of identifying and moving talent within the organization at all levels to achieve company goals. Having a successful internal mobility program enables companies to not only shift resources where they are most needed but also reduces disengagement or early departure by identifying and promoting a company’s best talent.
Using internal mobility analytics, such as the one offered by Spire’s Contextual Talent Science and AI Platform, companies can leverage their employee base to achieve performance goals and allocate human resources where they will perform the best within the organization. Following are the most important reasons for having internal mobility:
• Labour shortages of qualified workers are forecasted to increase, resulting in more need to retain current qualified and experienced personnel.
• Internal mobility offers greater flexibility and agility of assigning/ reassigning top talent, while unclogging the talent pipeline, allowing employees with the right skills and experience to advance forward.
• It also minimizes gaps in leadership and retention caused by failure to develop and offer leadership opportunities to the right people.
• A global workforce is need in the global economy, with a seamless transition between deployments so that key employees gain the necessary international experience.
Predictive talent analytics offers recruiters and management a better view of a company’s talent portfolio, with metrics that more accurately measure employee skills and performance as well as identify gaps and deficiencies to help recruiters plan and place personnel where they are best suited. No matter what the goals, internal talent deployment and redeployment requires talent intelligence to match employee talent with open positions to help companies remain competitive.
Advantages of using talent analytics for internal mobility:
• Reduced costs of talent acquisition
• Streamlined flow of metrics and other relevant information
• Reduced intelligence leaks to competition
• Better engagement and retention of employees
• Improved team leadership
• Higher returns on financial performance
Spire’s Contextual Talent Science and AI Platform helps deploy and utilize talent in various dynamic circumstances such as job rotations, relocations, restructuring and resizing. Hence, making it a part of corporate standard recruiting practice pays handsomely on several fronts such as financial gains, personnel utilization and performance rewards for employees and their organizations that adopt them.